14°   dziś 18°   jutro
Czwartek, 28 marca Aniela, Sykstus, Joanna, Antoni, Sonia

Hyde Park

nauka jezyka angielskiego

englishman 2012-11-05 21:12:47
czesc, poszukuja chetnych osob, najlepiej z limanowej, do konwersacji w jezyku angielskim. Swoj poziom oceniam jako srednio-zaawansowany. jezyka angielskiego uzywam na codzien w pracy do kontaktow z dostawcami firmy dla ktorej pracuje. Jezeli sa chetni zapraszam. Moze uda sie zorganizowac kilka osob
Odpowiedz Wyślij PW Zgłoś naruszenie
Re: nauka jezyka angielskiego
namoR 2012-11-16 17:23:58
@englishman
W zwiazku z tym, ze nikt od kilku dni nie odpowiada na Twoja prosbe, pomyslalem sobie ze, if you need help with writing in English I can help!:) Although, I cannot help you with actual verbal conversations. Write to me about anything you want and I will point out any mistakes you make so you can fix them. Remember, I am not an expert at grammar, school for me ended many years ago but, I am not bad. Send me a private message if something like this will help you. ;)
crusader 2012-11-16 17:30:19
best regards
namoR 2012-11-16 18:09:41
@crusader
You have forgotten the cello...:P... thats too bad, because I enjoy popping the cello like a guitar and plucking it like a bass or violin... ha ha ha:D
englishman 2012-11-16 22:17:35
czesc, jak narazie zglosily sie dwie osoby, czyli jest nas trojka jak narazie. jezeli sa jeszcze jacys chetni prosze o pw
inka28 2012-11-16 22:50:29
wysłałam Ci wiadomośc na priv. sprawdz;)
Tusik 2012-11-17 19:02:03
Hey, whats up? ;-) Both speaking and writing sounds cool. Englishman, where would like to speak English? (I suggest the Caffe Charlotte - because the Owners speak English well, too). We can meet in a grup of English speakers there and chat a bit together with tasty cakes and some cold drinks. ;-)

Roman, your English is perfect! :-)
inka28 2012-11-17 22:33:50
"chat a bit together with tasty cakes and some cold drinks"- What about?;);)
Mary27 2012-11-17 22:39:00
Lets talk about the weather :-)
inka28 2012-11-17 22:44:44
why not? so heres freezing cold and thats why :

Today I dont feel like doing anything I just wanna lay in my bed Dont feel like picking up my phone, so leave a message at the tone Cause today I swear Im not doing anything" :)
namoR 2012-11-17 22:45:03
@Tusik
Very good idea! But make sure you dont drink to much...:D

@englishman
How can you speak fluent English...???
This is one of the many questions asked by people who are attempting to conquer English as a secondary language. Here are a few tips and ideas on how you can improve your English speaking skills. Practice is the key to fluency, practice where you can, when you can. Any practice is good, whether the person you are speaking to is native or not. It is important to build your confidence, don’t be shy ;) Start with simple sentences, and speak with the English that you already know. Use words and phrases that you know in new situations. Native English speaker are more likely to correct you is you use the wrong word than if you use the wrong grammar. This way of experimenting is helpful with vocabulary and is a great way to get proper feedback. Try to respond to what people say to you in English, even if the person speaking to you is speaking a different language. Make sure your responses are as natural as possible. Often time’s people will try to translate from their own language, and this takes lots of time not to mention it makes their speech more hesitant. If you forget a word, don’t freak out ... it happens all the time. Do what native English speakers do and say things that "fill" the conversation (uh, um lub "ze co"?:D ). This is better than keeping completely silent, and at least the person will know that you are thinking about what you want to say. You can even just be honest and say.... "I forgot the word" ...the person you are speaking to may be able to help you complete your thought. Don’t speak too fast. When speaking fluent English having a natural rhythm is very important. If you speak too fast it will be difficult for people to understand you. Try to relax, when you speak at a normal speed you will discover that many pronunciation skills, such as linking between words will happen automatically. Good luck!:)
Tusik 2012-11-17 23:29:48
Wow!:)

@NamoR, youre like a teacher but, of course, I agree with you in all words.

Now Im having a runny nose and dry cough. So, maybe I will drink not too cold drinks. I prefer rather something hot mulled with honey and spiced with cinnamon and cloves, drinking it through a straw. ;)

@Mary27, the weather is beautiful, isnt it? ;) Notwithstanding this fact, Im missing a Spring time...

@Inka28, are you feeling better now?

Thank you, folks. Sleep well.
inka28 2012-11-17 23:38:37
@Tusik

I didnt intend to offend you;) it was all about the double meaning;)

goodnight, sleep tight, dont let the bugs bite;)
Tusik 2012-11-18 00:32:27
@Inka, you like tasty cakes. (Gotcha!) ;)

Yea, Im just sleeping on my keyboard. ;-) So, Im going to bed now.

Sleep politely... ;p
inka28 2012-11-18 00:36:32
yeah:) tasty cakes:) especially now, when Im on a diet:)

sleep well and be good:)
namoR 2012-11-18 04:42:08
You guys are great, I feel like I am not on limanowa.in but on Yahoo.com where I comment a lot. Why not, if this helps someone practice his second language, we can discuss a lot of things here. ;)

@Tusik
Yeah right, me? a teacher?....no way, I just found those tips somewhere on the net and every teacher probably agrees with them. I tested those tips and they work, but I spent almost three quarters of my life practicing English in real life after many years at school. I could not be a teacher, because I have no patience. Long time ago , I tried to give piano lessons to my kids, and after a week I hired a private teacher...ha ha:D I hope you feel better soon, get a shot of "something" stronger, and youll see, next day no more runny nose...:-)

@inka28
Forget about dieting, a piece of cake once a week does not hurt your visual appearance....yesterday you swore you were not doing anything, are you at least picking up your phone calls today?:)

@Mary27
How is the weather today?:)

@englishman
Where are you?:)
Tusik 2012-11-18 11:07:32
Good morning, what a beautiful day today!

Do your best to be nice and polite today, to your family, colleagues and friends. Enjoy a wonderful day! :)
stormy 2012-11-18 12:24:21
Ive come accross this chat. nice to see some people speaking English here. But in reality were much more timid and are afraid of speaking, not only because our skills, but also due to people around us. I remeber once I was talking English with my friend coming home by bus. Everybody around us was acted as if they saw some kind of talking animals. I didnt care but my friend did, and it was our first and last time.
englishman 2012-11-18 14:02:06
so, here I am. I have finnaly decided to say something publicly :)This is the very first time Im writing in foreign language on a open chat:) I think the first step to improve my english skills is being done.
Mosty I have no problems with reading a text, it depends on what I am reading about. Sometimes I watch english progrmas on Youtube. And sometimes it irritates me, because when I lost the point of the sentence I turn of broadcast. But it happens still less and less. Recently I have even deiceide to watch a movie about english football fans, The footbal factory, but for me it has been impossible to understand most of their statments, even with subtitles. Sentences in this film are spoken very fast and include footbal and street slang.
I thats all for now. I going to eat dinner. And then I going to watch "great" footbal game between Lech Poznan and Legia Warszawa. Probably I will watch only a first half of the match. Then I will lost patient and turn off TV
Mary27 2012-11-18 14:39:54
Englishman- your English is really good! Dont worry:-)

By the way- how was your dnner? Did you like it? :-) I hope so :-)
englishman 2012-11-18 15:08:54
of course I liked my dinner. there is Sunday today so thats certain that I ate broth with noodles and then potatoes with chicken leg and cucumber salad.
Nothing special but it tasted great.
konto usunięte 2012-11-18 18:19:12
I like the idea of talking in English here and I hope I would be able to chat with you from time to time :)

@namoR: Ive heard that its the most difficult to teach your own children, so dont worry ;)
By the way, Ive noticed you live in North America, am I right?
konto usunięte 2012-11-18 18:21:02
@englishman: did you cook it yourself?? :)
englishman 2012-11-18 20:54:15
no, I didnt cook it myself. my wife prepared dinner today. but I like cooking, when I have got free time and there is soomething to cook I do it.
namoR 2012-11-18 23:09:57
@sunny
How did you know? I was trying to hide in this virtual world.;) Well yes, I live in the United States.

@englishman
Congratulations on the decision to write something publicly and writing in a foreign language on an open chat:) Everything you said is completely understandable. Its a different language! You are making a big effort with trying to understand these movies and everything else. Good job! ;)
konto usunięte 2012-11-20 14:58:18
@englishman
Ive heard men are better cooks than women ;) So who is better at cooking: you or your wife?? ;)

@namoR
How did I know? I just read what you write ;) It wasnt that difficult ;) Do you speak English all the time there? Cause I know, some Poles use only Polish abroad. They work with Polish people, theyve got friends who are Polish etc...
konto usunięte 2012-11-20 14:58:18
@englishman
Ive heard men are better cooks than women ;) So who is better at cooking: you or your wife?? ;)

@namoR
How did I know? I just read what you write ;) It wasnt that difficult ;) Do you speak English all the time there? Cause I know, some Poles use only Polish abroad. They work with Polish people, theyve got friends who are Polish etc...
englishman 2012-11-21 11:55:05
It is said that men can cook better. If it is said, Im not going to argue :) To be honest I difficult to assess who is better, me or my wife. I think that Im better in preparing sauces and casseroles. But in all the rest my wife cooks better.
Now I can say that it is not difficult to assess who is better- my wife certainly. I can only prepare sauces and casseroles :( thats too little to compre with my wife.
namoR 2012-11-21 20:47:04
@sunny
I dont speak English all the time. At home, all of my family speaks Polish for a reason. My kids were born in the U.S. so their secondary language is Polish, thats why they are going to a second school on Saturdays to learn Polish. We practice at home every day, because as you know practice is the key to fluency. America has a history of acceptance and tolerance towards people who choose to immigrate to this country. The United States came to be known as "the land of opportunity" because people were free to work hard and succeed here. Immigrants from all over the world are here; they are the backbone of this country for many years. Many of them speak different languages all the time. Every day I can hear Polish, Russian, Spanish, Hindi, Arabic, Chinese, Korean etc. I personally know many people who do not speak English very well or at all. They are OK with that and doing well, but of course English helps with existence, you can expand your job search geographically. U.S. boundaries wont stop you because you could work in another country and speak the second language daily. But to be happy and successful in life, in any country, it is not a necessity to speak fluently second language, anytime in your lifetime you could do something better than President Obama, who admitted he doesnt speak a foreign language fluently...:)
Tusik 2012-11-21 23:21:14
Namor, Im happy to read that youre proud of your Polish mother tongue.
namoR 2012-11-24 23:17:52
@sunny
@Tusik
@englishman
@Mary27
@inka28
@stormy

Yes, that is true, I am proud to be Polish and will be for the rest of my life!

Where did you learn English so well? Did you guys ever meet or will be meeting in the Charlotte Cafe? How do you practice English? :)
Tusik 2012-11-25 00:01:17
The Cafe Charlotte is still actual. Is anyone willing to meet there and speak (at least a litttle) English? :)
LadyGaGa 2012-11-25 19:46:30
Hi All, Any chance I could join in? What has everybody been up to today??
Mary27 2012-11-25 21:14:54
Hello LadyGaGa! I like your nickname:-)
Today I and my kids went to my mum;-) we had delicious dinner and a piece of fantastic apple pie. My kids could spend some time in the open air:-)
Now, Im baking a cake for my 5-year-old daughter- shes celebrating her birthday tomorrow:-) Wish me luck with the cake... ;-) Im not good at cooking.... :-(
sasha 2012-11-25 21:49:05
hi.
I would like to join group, because I think that such talk is very important to speak better English
LadyGaGa 2012-11-26 18:55:22
Hi Mary27! Nice to meet you! Did the cake turn out ok? What cake have you made?Im sure youve done a good job!Just between us-Im a hopeless cook too...and now Im dying for a piece of that apple pie...
How many kids have you got?What age?
Whats the weather like in Limanowa?Has it started snowing yet?
Speak/read soon!
konto usunięte 2012-11-26 19:04:01
@namoR
We practise, practise, practise ;)

To tell the truth I know nobody here.
Ive heard about Charlotte Cafe (and Ive been thinking about going there) but unfortunately there was no opportunity so far :/

The weather is ok I think ;) It hasnt started snowing yet.
LadyGaGa 2012-11-26 19:26:25
Yes I have visited Charlotte Cafe in summer-nice coffee and good choice of cakes-location the only downfall.
Speaking of location-are the roadworks on Kopernika street finished yet-place looked a mess last time I was in Limanowa-whoever planned the works completely forgot about the pedestrians...
Mary27 2012-11-26 21:28:10
Lady GaGa: Ive baked gingerbread and to be honest it turned out OK :-) Ive added some cherries and it tastes much better now:-)
When it comes to my children, Ive got 2 :-) My daughter is 5 and her little brother is 2,5 :-) They are really cute when they sleep and dont ask for food:-) just joking... ;-) In fact, they are really nice, you know... they must argue from time to time, steal toys and so on, but generally I cant imagine my life without them.
englishman 2012-11-27 22:27:38
I see that still more and more people want to meet and practise english. Thats great. Even famous pop-star LadyGaGa wants to come :) LadyGaGa, are you going to sing for us?? ;)
Mary27 Im sure that your cake tasted great.Prepare and bring some pieces of this delicious cake to Charlotte Caffe.
What about the day of meeting? Any proposal??
Everyone is welcome. The more the better :)
SALWADORE 2012-11-27 23:20:48
@sunny
@Tusik
@englishman
@Mary27
@inka28
@stormy
@namoR
to sobie poczytałem ho ho Roman jak zjedziesz z 2 lekcyjki poproszę , to się na Limanowa.in porobiło
:)
inka28 2012-11-28 00:21:51
@Englishman;) I ll answer your message later this week.Im so busy with work recently. sorry about that.

Could you guys just stop talkign about the food?;) I amjust trying to be persistent with my diet and you dont want to give me the chance for that;)

Goodnight;)
LadyGaGa 2012-11-28 00:42:22
@Englishman

It will have to be chat meeting for me for the time being-need some practice if Im to give a concert!And hope you have a lot of dosh as -believe me- you will be paying me to stop singing! haha on a serious note Im away from Limanowa for the next six months but will be happy to meet and have a nice chat over a delicious coffee in our one and only Charlotte cafe while stuffing our faces with that delicious cake of Marys mother!
B)
stormy 2012-11-28 11:46:22
@salwadore
Polish?!? here?!?;)
englishman 2012-11-28 13:45:58
@salwadore
"to sobie poczytałem ho ho Roman jak zjedziesz z 2 lekcyjki poproszę , to się na Limanowa.in porobiło"
what language is it?? :) sorry but we dont understand you ;)
konto usunięte 2012-11-28 18:10:26
Hahha yeah what does Salwadore want from us?? ;) I think he would like to talk with us :)

Ive just noticed something funny:
its
@sunny and
@stormy here ;)
Tusik 2012-11-28 18:26:53
In a few days its gonna be even (really) snowy here... :-)

@Salvadore, "witaj"! :) /its Polish welcome/ ;)
konto usunięte 2012-11-28 20:17:59
Ive also heard about it :) Who knows, maybe someone with such a nickname will appear here :P

P.S.
Do you know when Charlotte Cafe is open??
Tusik 2012-12-04 22:39:49
Hello!:)

It was snowing today and now we have lots of snow in Limanowa, at last! - children are happy and even me:)

Sunny, maybe you wiill find something about the Charlotte Cafe open hours on Facebook: https://pl-pl.facebook.com/Charlotte.limanowa
namoR 2012-12-08 18:53:55
Hello everybody! You guys are so lucky to have snow. I would be happy if we had snow here too :( well, Ill try to wait a few more days. So far the weather is miserable - there are no leaves in the trees, no sun in the sky, and no snow on the ground. Did Santa visit your house yet? Did you guys ever meet at the Charlotte Cafe or not yet? :)My daughter and her friend are making chocolate chip cookies right now and Im nervously waiting to try them! They told me that Im going to be the first person to try them - they better turn out good :D
Mary27 2012-12-10 22:16:43
People, I need your help with translation... :-(

Do you know the Christmas song by Czerwone Gitary- "Jest taki dzień"?

Im trying to put it into English and Ive got some problems. What do you think of this version found on the Net? Is it alright?

Poish version

1. Jest taki dzień, bardzo ciepły choć grudniowy;
dzień, zwykły dzień, w którym gasną wszelkie spory.
Jest taki dzień, w którym radość wita wszystkich,
dzień, który już każdy z nas zna od kołyski.

Ref. Niebo - ziemi, niebu - ziemia,
wszyscy - wszystkim ślą życzenia,
drzewa - ptakom, ptaki - drzewom,
tchnienie wiatru - płatkom śniegu.

2. Jest taki dzień tylko jeden raz do roku.
Dzień, zwykły dzień, który liczy się od zmroku.
Jest taki dzień, gdy jesteśmy wszyscy razem.
Dzień, piękny dzień dziś nam rok go składa w darze.

Ref. Niebo - ziemi, niebu - ziemia,
wszyscy - wszystkim ślą życzenia,
a gdy wszyscy usną wreszcie,
noc igliwia zapach niesie.

English version

Theres such a day

Theres such a day, a very warm one, although in December,
A day, an ordinary day on that all disputes come to an end
Theres such a day, with that joy is greeting everyone,
A day that everone of us knows already from the cradle.

Heaven to the earth, the earth to heaven
Everyone is sending good wishes to each other.
The trees to the birds, the birds to the trees,
The wind breeze to the snowflakes

Theres such a day only once a year,
A day, an ordinary day, that counts from dusk on.
Theres such a day, when we all are together,
A day, a beautiful day, today the year is giving it to us as a present.

Heaven to the earth, the earth to heaven
Everyone is sending good wishes to each other.
And when finally everyone will fall asleep,
The night is spreading the fragrance of conifer needles.

Pls HELP :-)
soviet 2012-12-11 09:54:51
Ok a teraz po polsku szukam albo inaczej potrzebuje nauczyć sie j. angielskiego. chodzi mi o szkołe bądź też jakiś kurs. potrzebuje tych umiejetności do wyjazdu za granice- Kanada. chodzi mi o teorie i praktyke w mówieniu. czy jest gdzieś w limanowej taka szkoła którą polecacie??? angielski miałem w szkole podstawowej i średniej więc jakieś tam podstawy są ale braków pewnie jeszcze więcej. są jakieś ośrodki edukacyjne na terenie miasta lub w okolicy???
namoR 2012-12-11 15:53:06
@Mary27
This isnt a bad translation, but you cant sing it with the original music because big part of this translation doesnt fit exactly to the structure and melodic shape of the original song. The words or melody need to be changed if you want to sing it in English, unless you want to sing purely for your own enjoyment with your own melody and accompaniment...:-)

As for me, the first line of the chorus sounds better without determiner "the".... "heaven to earth, earth to heaven"...others may disagree, but bare in mind this is just my own personal opinion....:)
LadyGaGa 2012-12-14 01:09:03
@Mary27

I would say its a very clumsy translation...too verbatim!but thats just my opinion! lol
namoR 2012-12-17 20:07:43
"...Christmas isnt showy gifts
Or glittering decoration;
Its honoring our Savior, Jesus Christ
In humble adoration.
Its serving those less fortunate,
Meeting their needs before our own;
Its making sure at Christmas time
That no one is alone.
Its taking what we would have spent
On things that no one needs,
And using it to help someone
With service and good deeds.
Our Savior showed us how to live
With charity, faith and service.
It makes the holidays a joy,
More peaceful, and less nervous.
So lets remember Christmas is
About our Saviors birth;
Thats the way to happiness,
The way to peace on earth..."

By Joanna Fuchs

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone !!! :):):)
namoR 2014-06-18 04:59:54
Hi everybody!
Its been almost two years since weve chatted here. What happened? We were supposed to practice our English!

How is everybody doing?

I decided I will comment less under the publications. The atmosphere lately has been pretty negative there and I want to get away from that.

So please, hopefully you can give me some positive aspects from your lives:)
namoR 2014-06-19 05:24:32
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Zaloguj się żeby dodać odpowiedź
Twój news: przyślij do nas zdjęcia lub film na kontakt@limanowa.in